Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crossing at King and Simcoe

8 x 10 oil on panel
Our weather has been all over the place, from spring like conditions with rain to the snow storm we had yesterday. I have been wanting to add some warmer colours back into my palette. I have been using a predominately cool palette, but some scenes call for warmer colours. I have added transparent oxide red and terra rosa into the mix. I thought this scene was a good way to start with the warmer building colours and a spring rain.
This small study is at King and Simcoe in Toronto's Entertainment District. The Elephant and Castle Pub is on the left.

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Love it -- so wonderful. Superb light and colour.
A friend came to visit from Montreal on the weekend,
and I told her we produced the snow especially for
her visit. Must have because today you didn't really
even need a coat and flowers are up in some gardens!

Happy Spring. Love your work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara